Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
During this talk, you will explore the use of code reviews (specifically Reviewing for Intent) in establishing a common culture and set of values which can adapt with changing conditions (and contrast against fixed standards in a language of constant change and variable idioms), contrast whether you should use experts or novices in reviews (and the extra challenges from functional programming!).
You will also discover the challenges in inheriting (and bequeathing) a Scala project between teams and attack the tricky issue of over engineering with a simple metrics based approach.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Sado MicroServices: compelling factors driving microservices and useful safety words (SkillsCast recorded in November 2015)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- How to Read Complex Code (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Introduction: Rust London & BCS / OSSG Hybrid Talks (SkillsCast recorded in August 2021)
Crafty Communications (Scala and Pesky People) - Beginner