Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The talk is aimed at established Scala developers who haven't yet got to grips with shapeless. It will compliment Dave's workshop from Scala World 2016 entitled "The Type Astronaut's Guide to Shapeless". You'll find a short open source eBook of the same name available on Dave's Github. The book is not required reading for the talk, but it is a useful resource if you want to get into this fascinating and powerful style of Scala programming.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Interpreters and You (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 27th October 2021)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Establishing Orbit with Shapeless - Beginner
Dave is a developer, trainer, and partner at underscore.io. He has spent over a decade programming, speaking at conferences, and writing books on functional programming.