Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Status quo: big projects coming up, no agreed requirements and tight deadlines. The development team needed to get some simple things from the product owners and that was fast & high quality requirements. On the other hand, the stakeholders expected the development team to deliver the features that mattered. Both sides agreed that there was a need for improvement regarding the way they delivered software and this is how they got together for the BDD journey.
BDD principles & tools, such as impact mapping and example mapping, were applied to get from business goals to executable specifications. Still, Cosmina and her team did some trials which helped them learn some valuable lessons. One of the biggest was that the extensive Gherkin scenario did not work given the circumstances and the day to day fast pace in which they were all working. In the end, they switched from doing analysis at the begging of the project to a collaborative specification of the requirements which was more adapted to the team and the type of work they were doing.
Cosmina wants to share the experience of applying BDD within a company that creates platforms for the gaming industry through a department with 3 scrum teams. The adoption of BDD was not a simple one as the team still has unanswered questions. Nonetheless, a retrospective for one year of applying BDD shows that there are different lessons that they have learned and that could be valuable to other teams that might have similar issues and don't yet have the right answers.
The Call for Papers is now open for Agile Testing & BDD 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 15th - 19th August 2022)
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Facilitator with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 12th - 15th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: In-Person (in Perth on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- The Role of the LeSS Practitioner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2022)
- Panel: What to Expect When you Might (or not) be Expecting (SkillsCast recorded in March 2022)