Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
One of the great benefits of Scala is access to Java libraries. One of the great headaches of Scala is using Java libraries.
Many Scala libraries build on the shoulders of Java libraries that do the heavy lifting, providing a more comfortable interface, but sometimes the benefits don't outweigh the costs.
How do you decide when it is worth it? How do you make it useful for someone other than yourself? How do you decide quite how far to go?
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Agile Data Warehouse - Beginners (SkillsCast recorded in July 2017)
- Java Design Patterns: The Timeless Way of Coding with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 12th - 15th October 2020)
- Arthas: Inside Alibaba's Java Diagnostic Tool (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Building a Cloud Ready Application with Quarkus (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- Test Automation Beyond Java 8 (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)