Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
One of the great benefits of Scala is access to Java libraries. One of the great headaches of Scala is using Java libraries.
Many Scala libraries build on the shoulders of Java libraries that do the heavy lifting, providing a more comfortable interface, but sometimes the benefits don't outweigh the costs.
How do you decide when it is worth it? How do you make it useful for someone other than yourself? How do you decide quite how far to go?
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Agile Data Warehouse - Beginners (SkillsCast recorded in July 2017)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 8th - 11th July 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- AdoptOpenJDK - And how it impacts you in 2019 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)