Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Many Scala libraries build on the shoulders of Java libraries that do the heavy lifting, providing a more comfortable interface, but sometimes the benefits don't outweigh the costs.
How do you decide when it is worth it? How do you make it useful for someone other than yourself? How do you decide quite how far to go?
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Agile Data Warehouse - Beginners (SkillsCast recorded in July 2017)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 27th October 2021)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Tooling Up! - Contract testing with Pact (Online Meetup on 7th July 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)