In this talk Oli will talk about how Monzo are building a micro-services core banking platform, and how Kubernetes enables it. Monzo is a new kind of bank – unshackled from beastly, complex legacy systems – one that belongs in the 21st century, and one with the best technology in the world.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Fast Track to DevOps Fundamentals (in London on 2nd - 3rd September 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Getting Into the Zero Downtime Deployment World (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Building a Bank with Kubernetes
Oliver Beattie is Head of Engineering at Monzo, leading the development of the distributed systems to power a new kind of bank. He previously worked on Hailo's global micro-services platform.