Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
What does immutable data look like in practice when the pattern is followed from the backend to the frontend? What benefits and challenges does immutability present at the system level? uSwitch have been on the clojure & clojurescript path for over 5 years. We have recently explored these ideas above within our microsservices architecture and utilising tools such as AWS Kinesis & Lambda.
In this talk, you will explore a high level overview of the architecture driving our websites and highlight a few emergent patterns such as S3 as a static API, pre-computed projections, postgres as an immutable data store and state change as data.
The Call for Papers is now open for Clojure eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Pairing 101 (SkillsCast recorded in September 2009)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (in Online Event on 9th July 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (in Online Event on 23rd July 2020)
- Safe and Reproducible Deployments with Immutable Infrastructure (SkillsCast recorded in May 2020)
- Espresso Patronum: The Magic Of The Robot Pattern (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Immutable back to front
Christian currently works at uSwitch.com on the Broadband comparison team, and has previously held technical lead positions at Thoughtworks and Forward. He has been working in the software industry for over 16 years across many industries and been using clojure professionally for over five years. A long time supporter of the London Clojurians group, Christian was a regular host of the London clojure dojo during the early adoption years.