Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
During this talk, you will discover all about Jon's experience of using Clojure exclusively for a series of projects over the last few years and the lessons he learned.
You will learn about starting a Clojure consultancy of what it's like to sell boutique services programming and advising Clojure.
You will also discover where Clojure is on the technology adoption curve, and explore key points in training others up in the Clojure, and where the sweet spot of the language could well be.
The Call for Papers is now open for Clojure eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- DevOps Clojurescript: One Config to Rule Them All (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Clojure eXchange 2019 (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- London Java Community June (in London on 25th June 2019)
- London Clojure July: Exploring REPL tooling with socket prepl (in London on 2nd July 2019)
- Social Problems have Social Solutions: A Case Study with Homelessness (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Lightning Talk: Diversify your Company: Providing Skills and Employment to People from Disadvantaged Backgrounds (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Jon Pither has led development of large Clojure projects at an Investment Bank, an online newspaper website, a major property portal, and is now working on various other Clojure projects. Jon is a co-founder of JUXT, a consultancy specialising in using Clojure.