Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Using a user case of ingesting messages from Kafka, you will explore the way the Onyx Platform interacts with Kafka and how pure Clojure functions can be used to process the data and push manipulated information to a host of output possibilities. This will be via slides and some code examples to show how to put the project together. If you are new to Clojure, this talk will help you discover how you can implement streaming applications easily.
The Call for Papers is now open for Clojure eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Learning How to Design Automatically Updating AI With Clojure, Kafka and Deeplearning4j (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Developer Productivity Engineering - Next Big Thing in Software Development (in London on 29th June 2022)
- LJC Lunchtime Lighting Talks (Online Meetup on 1st July 2022)
- Technologies for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- How to use Apache Kafka and Grafana to visualise business process decisions running on the cloud! - Paulo Menon, Ingo Weiss, Craig Reeves. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Introducing Streaming Processing with Kafka and the Onyx Platform
Jason Bell is a data engineer and startup founder based in Northern Ireland. He authored the book Machine Learning: Hands on for Developers and Technical Professionals. An in demand speaker and panelist, Jason has previously spoken at the Strata Data Conference in London on Kafka and AI technologies, the Digital DNA conference on AI and spends his spare time studying supply and demand pricing on different asset types (yes he does this for fun).