During this talk Thompson will introduce you to the concepts of publishing an API contract using the Open API standard (formerly called Swagger). She'll cover your options for defining your API contract, the pros and cons of each, and how to verify you're following that standard in actuality. This talk's example will be based around Symfony, and the tools involved make heavy use of the Symfony Serializer, however non-Symfony users will find it useful too.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 2nd - 6th November 2020)
- FullStack Event Sourcing and Applied DDD with Roman Sachse (Online Course on 25th - 27th November 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
API Contracts using Open API
Billie Thompson has been working with Cloud Native practices for the past 5 years across public and private sector organisations, bringing experience of using these techniques at multiple organisations.