During this talk Thompson will introduce you to the concepts of publishing an API contract using the Open API standard (formerly called Swagger). She'll cover your options for defining your API contract, the pros and cons of each, and how to verify you're following that standard in actuality. This talk's example will be based around Symfony, and the tools involved make heavy use of the Symfony Serializer, however non-Symfony users will find it useful too.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Strategic DDD & Sociotechnical Architecture with Kacper Gunia and Nick Tune (in New York City on 18th - 19th November 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- Knowledge Graph Applications in the Legal Profession & Fashion Industry (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- A Guide to the Market Promise of Automagic AI-Enabled Detection and Response (in London on 29th October 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Contain Your Excitement: The Kubernetes Ingress Controller (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
API Contracts using Open API
Billie Thompson has been working with Cloud Native practices for the past 5 years across public and private sector organisations, bringing experience of using these techniques at multiple organisations.