A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
The reality, though, is that view controller code typically ends up deeply entwined in the telling of our storyboard's own story, leading to inflexible and often duplicated code to support an approach which may leave many experienced developers wondering, "Is this worth it?".
In this session we revisit Storyboards, exploring a powerful approach to maintaining the separation of storyboard and view controller that fulfils the promise of flexibility and less code. We'll learn how Storyboards can become a more compelling tool, one that can be at the very heart of the clean architecture of your app
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Track Lead: Brainstorms are Dead! - How 'Design Sprints' are Revolutionising 'Design Thinking' and Helping Companies Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas Quickly (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 17th - 19th May 2021)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 24th - 26th May 2021)
- Accessibility in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- The Sonic Contender (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Paul is an iOS expert combining skills in mobile product design with extensive software engineering experience. An influencer and leader having worked with development teams, key stakeholders and corporate clients incl. Apple and Sky.
After years masquerading as a professional developer, Paul discovered 'Clean Code' and began a journey to a new understanding of what being a software professional meant. That journey continues through working with best practices such as TDD, Acceptance Testing and Pair Programming "as standard" in the pursuit of building the best possible software; Paul believes in the principle of getting software right early, and then keeping it working as intended.