Timing is everything in life – and technology is no different. Entrepreneurs cite timing as the primary cause of success, above any other contribution. They also cite it as the primary cause of failure. Yet timing is the most mysterious variable in innovation theory. How can we predict when our time is right?
In this talk, Horace Dediu describes ‘the Innovator’s Stopwatch’ – establishing what to look out for when predicting the right time to take a new technology or product to market. He details the difference between diffusive and disruptive strategies, and sets out clear guidelines for determining the right customers to be talking to, given your value proposition.
The presentation will be supported with data drawn from dozens of examples, across multiple technologies.
Join us to learn:
• How to determine whether you are in a diffusive or disruptive cycle
• How to match the right customers to your opportunity
• How to schedule your resources for best chance of successful market entry
18:30 - Keynote
19:15 - Questions from the audience.
19:45 - Pizza and Beer at the Space Bar (Downstairs) Sponsored by Equal Experts
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Innovator’s Stopwatch: How to Know when to Do What you Have to Do (SkillsCast recorded in October 2016)
- Headless Flipper - embeddable mobile devtools for your CI and beyond (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
- Headless Flipper: Embeddable Mobile Devtools for Your CI and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
Let's meetup to talk about Mobile and the 'Future of Technology’ with Asymco!
Named the “King of Apple Analysts” by Fortune/CNN, he appears frequently on Bloomberg TV and BNN. He is also a member of the Forum for Growth and Innovation at Harvard Business School.