Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Pλambda is an approach to make unmodified Play apps work using AWS lambda. Judged from the outset as a comedic attempt destined to fail, the results are surprisingly good - though far from perfect and some way from usable. No matter - it's a great lesson in AWS lambda's limitations and how this technique could be applied to web frameworks in order to accelerate the move to serverless.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- Refactoring to Streams Course with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 7th June 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- AWS Immersion Days (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Plambda! Running the play framework in AWS Lambda
Simon Hildrew is currently a Lead Software Developer at the Guardian where he has done everything from running the operations team, overseeing the migration of several products to AWS to building the Guardian's continuous delivery platform. His interests are in functional programming, DevOps and most recently serverless architectures.