Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Pλambda is an approach to make unmodified Play apps work using AWS lambda. Judged from the outset as a comedic attempt destined to fail, the results are surprisingly good - though far from perfect and some way from usable. No matter - it's a great lesson in AWS lambda's limitations and how this technique could be applied to web frameworks in order to accelerate the move to serverless.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala Days 2023 (Online Conference on 1st - 30th December 2023)
- Source Talks: On Scala #4 (Online Meetup on 30th January 2023)
- How to teach IntelliJ IDEA to your juniors (Online Meetup on 2nd February 2023)
- Carving Microservices Out of the Monolith With Domain Storytelling (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- AWS Purpose-Built Databases for Architects (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Plambda! Running the play framework in AWS Lambda
Simon Hildrew is currently a Lead Software Developer at the Guardian where he has done everything from running the operations team, overseeing the migration of several products to AWS to building the Guardian's continuous delivery platform. His interests are in functional programming, DevOps and most recently serverless architectures.