Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Pλambda is an approach to make unmodified Play apps work using AWS lambda. Judged from the outset as a comedic attempt destined to fail, the results are surprisingly good - though far from perfect and some way from usable. No matter - it's a great lesson in AWS lambda's limitations and how this technique could be applied to web frameworks in order to accelerate the move to serverless.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Hands‑on Microservices Architecture and Design Workshop with Chris Richardson (Online Workshop on 7th - 17th June 2022)
- Java Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022: Keynote Meetup (in London on 4th October 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- What is happening with Java? (Online Meetup on 6th June 2022)
- Gravitee APIM Behind Istio Service Mesh (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Enabling Microservice Success (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
Plambda! Running the play framework in AWS Lambda
Simon Hildrew is currently a Lead Software Developer at the Guardian where he has done everything from running the operations team, overseeing the migration of several products to AWS to building the Guardian's continuous delivery platform. His interests are in functional programming, DevOps and most recently serverless architectures.