Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Pλambda is an approach to make unmodified Play apps work using AWS lambda. Judged from the outset as a comedic attempt destined to fail, the results are surprisingly good - though far from perfect and some way from usable. No matter - it's a great lesson in AWS lambda's limitations and how this technique could be applied to web frameworks in order to accelerate the move to serverless.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 6th - 8th September 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 21st May 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks May 2021 (Online Meetup on 27th May 2021)
- Wasmcloud, a next-gen platform in Rust and WASM (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Monitoring Temperature (with Too Many Bluetooth Thermometers) (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Plambda! Running the play framework in AWS Lambda
Simon Hildrew is currently a Lead Software Developer at the Guardian where he has done everything from running the operations team, overseeing the migration of several products to AWS to building the Guardian's continuous delivery platform. His interests are in functional programming, DevOps and most recently serverless architectures.