Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Pλambda is an approach to make unmodified Play apps work using AWS lambda. Judged from the outset as a comedic attempt destined to fail, the results are surprisingly good - though far from perfect and some way from usable. No matter - it's a great lesson in AWS lambda's limitations and how this technique could be applied to web frameworks in order to accelerate the move to serverless.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Distributed Data Patterns for Microservices — Half‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 12th October 2021)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Serverless First (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- From Domain Boundaries to Purposeful Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
Plambda! Running the play framework in AWS Lambda
Simon Hildrew is currently a Lead Software Developer at the Guardian where he has done everything from running the operations team, overseeing the migration of several products to AWS to building the Guardian's continuous delivery platform. His interests are in functional programming, DevOps and most recently serverless architectures.