Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Join Andy for a lightning talk that shows British Gas' 2 year journey from a monolith server side architecture to their current architectural move that separates the client side view from the data via an API. Changes to the culture, code, methods, infrastructure and tooling are all key to provide a seamless transition to microservices that will yield the decoupling, scalability, speed of delivery, separation of concerns and performance that the move to microservices can provide.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Microservice Or Micromonolth (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 2nd - 6th November 2020)
- FullStack Event Sourcing and Applied DDD with Roman Sachse (Online Course on 25th - 27th November 2020)
- London Calling (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
From Monolith to Micro – Here be Dragons
One of a team of Architects that shape and drive the Digital Transformation of the British Gas website. Advocate of HTML5 and the move to client side applications running in client Browsers. Advocate of API technology and API's to split the views (supplied by EmberJS web applications) and the data via microservices (supplied by RESTFUL api's using NetflixOSS and SpringCloud/SpringBoot).