Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Join Andy for a lightning talk that shows British Gas' 2 year journey from a monolith server side architecture to their current architectural move that separates the client side view from the data via an API. Changes to the culture, code, methods, infrastructure and tooling are all key to provide a seamless transition to microservices that will yield the decoupling, scalability, speed of delivery, separation of concerns and performance that the move to microservices can provide.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Microservice Or Micromonolth (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (in Online Event on 9th July 2020)
- Azure DevOps (in Online on 15th July 2020)
- Safe and Reproducible Deployments with Immutable Infrastructure (SkillsCast recorded in May 2020)
- Espresso Patronum: The Magic Of The Robot Pattern (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
From Monolith to Micro – Here be Dragons
One of a team of Architects that shape and drive the Digital Transformation of the British Gas website. Advocate of HTML5 and the move to client side applications running in client Browsers. Advocate of API technology and API's to split the views (supplied by EmberJS web applications) and the data via microservices (supplied by RESTFUL api's using NetflixOSS and SpringCloud/SpringBoot).