Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You have heard about Serverless: both AWS Lambda and Google Cloud Functions offer an environment in which your code can run without you having to worry about where or how it runs, and let the big boys worry about scaling for you, because this one goes to 11! Functional programming and Lisp makes perfect sense in this architecture because we're dealing with event-driven services that are by their very nature stateless pure-functions.
In this talk, you will explore how a major travel company used Lisp on #serverless architecture to deliver event-sourced business change that mattered, and achieve a level of agility that would leave a cheetah breathless. Plus, 7 key patterns are included free of charge to achieve microservice nirvana!
The Call for Papers is now open for Clojure eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Fullstack Clojure in the Movie Business (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 26th - 28th October 2020)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 1st - 4th December 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- How developers are the new security rockstars
Nigel has shepherded the success of a wide variety of projects drawn from many business sectors and also has had the privilege of spending 5 years of his life working on the largest IT disaster in history, the £22bn white elephant known as NPfIT.