Devices, hands-on coding plus pizza and beer - what more could you want? Come along to an interactive, hands on technical workshop focused around Amazon Fire TV.
We'll see together how to develop high quality Android apps for TV in MINUTES using new development tools by Amazon, the Fire App Builder. More information can be found here
Not enough? There’ll be special gifts for all participants (well Xmas is just around the corner!) and of course fellow devs to work alongside.
If you would like to follow the Fire App Builder workshop hands-on tutorial, these are the requirements:
• Bring your own laptop
• Install Android Studio and make sure to update to the latest version (Android Studio 2.2.2 - stable) http://tools.android.com/download/studio/stable
• Create an Android TV Emulator (Marshmallow) following this instructions: Use an Android TV Emulator to Run Your App (Fire App Builder)
• Following the instructions here: Fire App Builder Download and Build, clone the project https://github.com/amzn/fire-app-builder.git
• Compile the Fire App Builder project. If you are facing issues at compile-time, see Troubleshooting (Fire App Builder)
If you’re not a hands-on developer, you can still come and participate to the workshop just listening to the presentation. Please make sure to leave space on the desks for hands-on participants!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Developing High Quality Android Apps for TV in Minutes with Amazon Fire TV Developer Frameworks (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Arthas: Inside Alibaba’s Java Diagnostic Tool (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Building a Cloud Ready Application with Quarkus (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
Developing Android Apps for TV in MINUTES with Amazon Fire App Builder!
Mario Viviani is Technology Evangelist at Amazon Appstore UK. From Milan, Italy, he started mobile development in 2010, focusing on the Android platform. In 2011 he founded the mobile-focused startup Mariux Apps, developing both consumer-oriented and third-party apps, where he published more than 90 apps and reached more than 12 million total downloads. In 2013 he was awarded by Google of the Google Developer Expert title for Android, and has spoken at worldwide events including Droidcon, Android Developer Days, TEDx and Google I/O.