Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
We know you dream big and we know you will love and android device (mobile, smartwatch...) that will work flawless with a battery that last for a month! Well, you are not alone in this world. Nowadays, even if all developers around the globe follow the most strict guidelines and produce the most amazing code, is technically an impossible dream...or maybe not!
In this talk we will guide you briefly through the history of Android, mobiles architectures, the Kernel, where are we standing now and where are we heading too.
Using plain and simple example we will show you the “goods” and the “bads” of the software (Linux kernel) and hardware (microprocessors) designs and how its affect to the performance of current a Android platform devices. Once you have this inside of how of how the lowest level of Android works, it will be much easier for you as a developer, to help the actual kernel to take better decisions.
But as we promised, we will also show you a bit of the future, at Least at kernel level; and how, a good kernel implementation will reduce most of the current problems of android mobile platforms.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 22nd - 24th February 2021)
- Accelerated Software eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 18th February 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Evolutionary Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in January 2021)
- What an Architect Can Learn from Retrospective Failures (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
The Future of Android - Evolution of Android in mobile platforms and a glance to the future. Helping the kernel taking the best decisions
Carlos is an inventor, coder, hacker, visionary and a little bit crazy (just a little). He has worked as a support engineer for a big project in EMC and for many years as a CTO of his own businesses.
Unai is philomath/sophophile, coach, manager in his heart and IT as a career, unstoppable traveller and father of two little angels. He has worked in different big IT companies such as T-Systems and EDS as a support engineer and as an international consultant in a far, far away country.