Sometimes developers are too shy to share their code or their findings. They see some opinionated big names in the community arguing on tech choices or best practices and they might be too scared to step in with their work.
This talk provides a short walk through the past few years to highlight how the developer community has evolved. Then we will see what the definition of a community is, what keeps people connected, and how this applies in the Android community. Finally we will see how you can contribute to make the culture more fair and supportive, and make everyone feel more part of the community.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Android Chef (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 17th - 19th May 2021)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 24th - 26th May 2021)
- Accessibility in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- The Sonic Contender (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Be together, not the same
Romain is a passionate Android developer who has been building apps since Android Froyo. He is currently working for Songkick as a happy Android developer. In the past he worked for Microsoft as well as building useless/fun apps with GIFs and animations.
Anastasia Lopez is a very passionate Software Engineer, working @ Memrise as an Android developer. She like cupcakes, chocolate, and all types of sweets, which is probably what led her to the Android world.