Robert Hardy will talk about some of the issues, ideas and personal intuitions that influence his approach to coding and his choices of tools. Interested in learning more about utilising quants? Join Full Stack Quants for this month's meetup!
This month, we'll be looking at:
• Using shell scripts.
• How much TDD and when?
• How do you do exploratory data analysis but still keep your work reproducible?
• Why Vim? Why no IDE?
• A Git workflow that really helps.
• Preparing for deployment.
• Some thoughts on documentation.
• What does a functional language look like?
• What next after Python?
Sound interesting? Don't miss out!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- DDD eXchange 2017 (in London on 27th - 28th April 2017)
- Building Evolutionary Architectures (in London on 16th May 2017)
- Alberto Brandolini's DDD Modelling Workshop (in London on 26th - 28th June 2017)
- Serverless Architecture with Azure Functions with Christos Matskas! (in London on 29th November 2017)
What I Talk About When I Talk About Coding
Robert Hardy is a full stack quant, with over 12 years of experience in the front office teams of major financial institutions. He has built professional portfolio management systems entirely from open source components. He experienced an epiphany when he was introduced to TDD, pair programming and Agile methods. Robert talks and blogs on topics related to software and mathematics, and with his diploma in painting and ceramics in hand he claims to even have some level of expertise in the Fine Arts.