Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
After almost ten years of working on ScalaTest, there is still lots of potential for improvement of the library. In this talk, Bill Venners will share what he has come to believe is the essence of testing, and learn to evolve ScalaTest as a result. You will discover the propositional and predicate logic and explore how they relate to testing. He will also share where he thinks property-based testing fits in the big picture, and give demos of some new and exciting features currently being developed for ScalaTest and Scalactic.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Advanced Scala with Dick Wall (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- ScalaTest and Scalactic 3.0 (SkillsCast recorded in December 2014)
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Testing in Production. From DevTestOops to DevTestOps (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
The Essence of Testing - Beginner
Bill Venners is president of Artima, Inc., provider of Scala books, developer tools, training, and consulting. He leads the open source projects for the ScalaTest testing library and the Scalactic library for functional, object-oriented programming. He is coauthor with Martin Odersky and Lex Spoon of the book, Programming in Scala.