Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- DRAGON TREATS: ~ THE BLENDING OF THE PARADIGMS ~ (SkillsCast recorded in April 2016)
- Event Modeling in Practice with Adam Dymitruk (in Perth on 21st September 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022: Opening Keynote Networking Party (in London on 4th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- TDD and other drugs (Online Meetup on 8th August 2022)
- LJC: I Started Testing In Production... Then I Went On Holiday (Online Meetup on 15th August 2022)
- Core Banking: A Tour of a Payments Ledger (SkillsCast recorded in December 2021)
- A Conceptual Introduction to Nix for Haskellers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
A brief and incomplete history of programming languages - Beginner
I ended up as a Software Developer, I am pretty sure there was no other viable option. My current technical interests are F#, games, programming languages and philosophy of computing .
I really enjoy finding different ways to write code, sometimes for performance, other times for succinctness, sometimes, just because you can, there is no better way to learn than trying.
When I am not working I tend to play with Haskell or other languages or cats
Conferences and meetups are a great way to learn more, so I try to help when I can to make them happen. For that reason I co-organise Functional Kats and GameCraft. I also speak at local and international conferences like CodeMesh, Progressive.Net, ProgF#, Lambda Days and many more.