A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
18:00 Doors open.
18:15 Welcome by Brian Byrne. MC for the evening is David Ross.
18:20 Golang on Linux, all you need to know in 25 minutes, with a talk on the main features of Go and a demo of it running on the Pine64 by Simon Ritchie.
19:00 Short break.
19:05 An introduction to Docker and why it's the future of Cloud computing by Steve Poole, IBM.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Five minutes of Linux: Diet Pi and the Pinebook 64 (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Workshop on 10th - 13th October 2022)
- Open Source MLOps - Model Deployment (Online Meetup on 29th September 2022)
- ML Pipelines from the Get Go (Without Tears) (SkillsCast recorded in August 2022)
- F# Gives You Superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
The New Year with Linuxing In London
Brian Byrne is a veteran of the IT industry, with over 30 years of experience managing, cajoling and installing Mainframes and operating systems. He is a passionate advocate for free and open source software and began using Linux in the 1990s.
David is a specialist in the design and implementation of n-tiered enterprise applications. He has designed a number of systems using both the...