Docker is the new way to package, distribute and run your application or microservice. It's the bees-knees. It's the best thing since sliced bread. It's the kings pajamas etc, etc. In this short but packed talk I'll explain what Docker actually is and how it works. I'll show you how much of the hype is real and give a practical demo or two to illustrate the power of Docker. Is Docker the panacea for all ills? This talk will help you make up your mind.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Java at Scale (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Advanced Docker for Enterprise Operations (in London on 23rd - 24th September 2019)
- Introduction to Docker Fundamentals (in London on 30th September - 1st October 2019)
- Causal inference and the data-fusion problem (in London on 18th June 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Creating a DevOps culture, whatever that means (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Image Provenance and Security in Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Docker - all you need to know in 30 minutes
STEVE POOLE is a DevOps practitioner (leading a large team of engineers on cutting edge DevOps exploitation ) and a long time IBM Java developer, leader and evangelist. He’s been working on IBM Java SDKs and JVMs since Java was less than 1. He's also had time to work on other things including representing IBM on various JSRs, being a committer on various open source projects including ones at Apache, Eclipse and OpenJDK. He’s also member of the Adopt OpenJDK group championing community involvement in OpenJDK. Steve is a seasoned speaker and regular presenter at JavaOne and other conferences on technical and software engineering topics.