Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
When it comes to visuals, and explaining how things should look, it is very easy to make and discuss examples, but until now it was horribly difficult to cross the last mile and automate those checks. Layout and look and feel tests were historically too brittle, to difficult to maintain, and too slow to execute for quick iterative delivery cycles. However, recent improvements in cloud computing and browser capabilities make it possible to change the economics of the test automation pyramid. Gojko will share how trends such as approval testing, cloud functions and automated image analysis can help us automate acceptance/regression tests for visual look and feel in a visual language, rather than xUnit style code, and make such tests easy to write, understand, execute and maintain.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Future of Automated Testing (SkillsCast recorded in November 2015)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 24th - 25th February 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 1st - 4th March 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Agile During the Time of Jesus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- The Death of Silos (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
BDD From the Back of a Napkin
Gojko is a partner at Neuri Consulting LLP. He is the winner of the 2016 European Software Testing Outstanding Achievement Award, and the 2011 Most Influential Agile Testing Professional Award. Gojko's book Specification by Example won the Jolt Award for the Best Book of 2012, and his blog won the UK Agile Award for the best outline publication in 2010. Gojko is a frequent speaker at software development conferences, including NDC, Agile Days, Oredev, and YOW!, and is one of the authors of MindMup and Claudia.js.