Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
During this session, you will explore a review of FsCheck, a powerful library for doing property-based testing and sophisticated data generation in the CLR ecosystem. In addition to the basic features of the library, you will learn about identifying common invariant patterns and building specifications from collections of properties. Time will also be spent exploring how FsCheck can be used to refine domain models and integrate with other popular testing tools. Finally, real-world examples will highlight both the strengths and weakness of this approach to software craftsmanship. While no prior knowledge is assumed, familiarity with the CLR (.NET or Mono) will be helpful.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: The Choosy Devs’ Intro to Units of Measure (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- F# eXchange 2022: Online (Online Conference on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- F# eXchange 2022: In-Person (in London on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- Test Those Metrics! Our Black-Box Approach for Observability Testing (SkillsCast recorded in December 2021)
- Haskell: A Conversion Experience (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
Quick! Check your Properties (and Write Better Software) - Audience Level: Beginner
Paul Blasucci has spent the past 21 years blending a disparate array of languages, technologies, and methodologies into compelling solutions for a wide range of problems. He especially enjoys solving challenges in distributed computing and heterogeneous enterprise systems. He has been an active member of the F# community since 2007, and currently serves as treasurer of the F# Software Foundation. When not at the keyboard, Paul may be found globetrotting with his wife and children (though his soul is still catchin' waves at the Jersey Shore).