Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
TDD has not been as central to iOS (and Mac) ecosystems as in some others. Find out why as Phil will argue in favour of TDD as a very valuable tool to have in your toolkit.
Then you’ll explore some techniques for stream-lining the process of writing and working with tests - and how JetBrains’ AppCode can mitigate many common pain points.
Swift itself brings some new tricks to the table that can allow you to rethink the traditional process of TDD - and question whether you even need the tests at all!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Dawn of a New Error (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 14th - 15th January 2021)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 1st - 3rd March 2021)
- Practical Property Testing (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
- Accessibility in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
Workshop: Test Driving Swift To The Max - with or without the tests!
Phil is the author of the test frameworks, Catch - for C++ and Objective-C, and Swordfish for Swift. As Developer Advocate at JetBrains he's involved with CLion, AppCode and ReSharper C++. More generally he's an advocate for good testing practices, TDD and using the type system and functional techniques to reduce complexity and increase correctness. He's previously worked in Finance and Mobile as well as an independent consultant and coach specialising in TDD on iOS.re.