Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Sadly enough, many of the apps available today with those capabilities have some architectural limitations:
Many of them are written in a way that is really dependent on a specific hardware.
Some restrict their use cases to whatever is provided by the hardware devices.
And almost all of them expect having a connection with the real device as the only way to test if they work properly.
However, we can also use an advanced architecture, like the Clean Architecture, to create a beautiful, scalable, testable, and robust application. Join Jorge and he will share with you how you can do it!
This is a "Code or it didn't happen" (TM) talk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Mr. Wolf's Horror Stories (SkillsCast recorded in March 2019)
- Functional Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 17th - 21st October 2022)
- Domain Driven Design & Legacy Systems with Marijn Huizendveld (In-Person) (in London on 22nd - 24th November 2022)
- Headless Flipper - embeddable mobile devtools for your CI and beyond (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
- Headless Flipper: Embeddable Mobile Devtools for Your CI and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
Architecting Alive Apps
Jorge is a freelancer dedicated to mobile development, security, and systems architecture. He started his work as a developer at M.I.T. in 1993 and since has collaborated in numerous software projects. Most of them were internally for HP where he worked for more than 15 years. Since 2008 he has been working in different aspects of mobile development. After playing with PalmOS, he learned Android programming for the first Google App contest and immediately started to play with the first iPhone SDK. He is an instructor in the best iOS and Android Bootcamps in the USA and Europe, and has spoken at some of the world's most renowned conferences about topics relating to mobile app architecture and best practices (and occasionally about Go and Raspberry Pis).