Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Sadly enough, many of the apps available today with those capabilities have some architectural limitations:
Many of them are written in a way that is really dependent on a specific hardware.
Some restrict their use cases to whatever is provided by the hardware devices.
And almost all of them expect having a connection with the real device as the only way to test if they work properly.
However, we can also use an advanced architecture, like the Clean Architecture, to create a beautiful, scalable, testable, and robust application. Join Jorge and he will share with you how you can do it!
This is a "Code or it didn't happen" (TM) talk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 6th - 8th September 2021)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 13th - 15th September 2021)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 20th - 22nd September 2021)
- Mr. Wolf's Horror Stories (SkillsCast recorded in March 2019)
- FP in Kotlin with Arrow with Jorge Castillo (Online Course on 27th - 30th July 2021)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 9th - 13th August 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Patterns for a Successful Cloud Native Transformation (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Managing Commercial Platforms: The Architect’s Emerging Skill (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
Architecting Alive Apps
Jorge is a freelancer dedicated to mobile development, security, and systems architecture. He started his work as a developer at M.I.T. in 1993 and since has collaborated in numerous software projects. Most of them were internally for HP where he worked for more than 15 years. Since 2008 he has been working in different aspects of mobile development. After playing with PalmOS, he learned Android programming for the first Google App contest and immediately started to play with the first iPhone SDK. He is an instructor in the best iOS and Android Bootcamps in the USA and Europe, and has spoken at some of the world's most renowned conferences about topics relating to mobile app architecture and best practices (and occasionally about Go and Raspberry Pis).