Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
"Search" is one of those things that our users take for granted but is surprisingly difficult to get right. In this talk Lasse will dig into the essential concepts in implementing a proper full-text search on the device without server-side or cloud-based Search APIs, highlighting the challenges such as sorting by relevancy, term and column boosting, stemming and lemmatisation, and the brutality of compound words. Along the way you'll look at implementing full-text search with an embedded search engine as well as with SQLite, and touch on integrating your data with Core Spotlight's index on iOS.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Talking to Strangers: Peer-to-peer networking between apps and platforms (SkillsCast recorded in March 2017)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 22nd - 24th February 2021)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 1st - 3rd March 2021)
- Accessibility in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- The Sonic Contender (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Implementing Full-Text Search on iOS
Lasse has spoken at dozens of international conferences since 2005, including a couple of keynotes in agile conferences, speaking to some 2000 programmers in a movie theatre, addressing staff of the European Commission (they actually organise an IT conference of their own), and a bunch of smaller gatherings.