Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Dependency injection has been introduced as one of the modern best practices in WWDC 2016. The pattern significantly improves modularization of components for flexibility, maintainability and testability. However still only a few articles and examples exist for Swift developers to start learning dependency injection for their practical applications.
In this session, the original author of Swinject, the most popular dependency injection framework in Swift, will instruct the basic concept and advantages of dependency injection, and demonstrate its practical applications.
The talk covers:
Tight coupling / loose coupling
Inversion of Control (IoC)
Testability with external systems and mocking
Dynamic dependency injection with a container
Static dependency injection in Cake Pattern
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to iOS Architecture (in London on 2nd - 4th December 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Dependency Injection in Practice
Yoichi is an iOS developer working at Mercari Inc, which provides a marketplace app for anyone to buy and sell items from a mobile device. He is also an open source contributor, and the original author of Swinject, the first and the most popular dependency injection framework written in and for Swift.