Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Apple recently open sourced swift-protobuf which is a plugin of Protocol Buffers for swift language. Protocol Buffers enables us to have type safety, make API faster and unify schema of structured data. JSON used to be a reasonable way for API call in most cases, but Protocol Buffers could be another option if we consider these benefits.
In this talk, you'll discover examples of usage with swift-protobuf in server and client apps. Yusuke will also highlight pros and cons compare to JSON based on his knowledge and experiences.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to iOS Architecture (in London on 2nd - 4th December 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- An Introduction to Static Web Apps with JAMStack (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Type-safe Web APIs with Protocol Buffers in Swift
Yusuke is an iOS developer at Mercari in San Francisco. He has been working on internationalization of Mercari app in iOS team. he is passionate about learning new technology in iOS. When not coding, you can find him cycling.