Is Docker the panacea for all ills? Find out from Steve Pool!
Docker is the new way to package, distribute and run your application or microservice. It's the bees-knees. It's the best thing since sliced bread. It's the kings pajamas etc, etc. In this talk I'll explain what Docker actually is and how it works. I'll show you how much of the hype is real and give a practical demo or two to illustrate the power of Docker. Is Docker the panacea for all ills? For many people Docker is seen as the answer to critical challenges for modern Cloud applications and delivery processes. This talk will help you make up your mind as to how real that promise is.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Java at Scale (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Advanced Docker for Enterprise Operations (in London on 23rd - 24th September 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Observability for Microservices: practical advice (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
An introduction to Docker and why it's the future of Cloud computing
STEVE POOLE is a DevOps practitioner (leading a large team of engineers on cutting edge DevOps exploitation ) and a long time IBM Java developer, leader and evangelist. He’s been working on IBM Java SDKs and JVMs since Java was less than 1. He's also had time to work on other things including representing IBM on various JSRs, being a committer on various open source projects including ones at Apache, Eclipse and OpenJDK. He’s also member of the Adopt OpenJDK group championing community involvement in OpenJDK. Steve is a seasoned speaker and regular presenter at JavaOne and other conferences on technical and software engineering topics.