Often agile implementations downplay the need for the testing role. Many teams struggle with getting management to understand why testers may be needed on agile teams. These managers have read that testers aren’t needed on agile teams, that the programmers can do all their own testing. This often leads to a gap in what is tested for a product and results in critical defects escaping to production. Come and join Janet to find out how testers, can do much more than “just” test!
Janet shares her thoughts about what testers can do to educate their teams and management in the importance of having professional testers. She also will share ideas on educating developers and other team member on expanding their testing skills. Creativity is required to get developers to do some heaving lifting with testing, and Janet will share her stories on some of the ways she has found successful.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Keynote: What’s Process Got to do with Quality? (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 4th - 5th November 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Right to Left - Outcome Driven Agility (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Business Agility and Continuous Compliance (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Contain Your Excitement: The Kubernetes Ingress Controller (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Agile Testers as Educators with Janet Gregory!
Janet Gregory is an Agile testing coach and practitioner as well as co-author of Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams and contributor to 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know. Janet specializes in helping Agile teams add value in areas beyond critiquing the product, such as guiding development with business-facing tests. Her courses remain highly popular due to her engaging teaching style and passion for Agile development and testing processes.