Come and join Antony Marcano (re)introducing a model that he has found valuable in guiding the narratives of BDD scenarios!
Expressing the shared understanding of customer's intent clearly, concisely and consistently in Anthony's behaviour examples can be a challenge. It's too easy to get overly hung up on the wording and as easy to introduce unnecessary variation, resulting in duplication in our step definitions. In this talk Antony will focus on Roles, Goals and Tasks. This model not only helps make your intent clear, it also guides your thinking towards a better user experience of your products. Finally, Antony will also explore a simple pattern for each step that keeps the focus on understanding what you will be able to do and not be distracted by grammatical nuances.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 5 Mistakes Made in Agile Transformations (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 26th - 28th October 2020)
- Certified Product Owner with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 9th - 10th November 2020)
- Web Performance & Agility: A Curious Mashup (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Retrospectives Antipatterns — Team Meetings That Don't Suck (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
The who, why & what of better BDD scenarios with Antony Marcano
Antony Marcano is co-founder of RiverGlide, a coaching, consultancy and training firm helping teams and organisations innovate with agility. He has been in software development for nearly 25 years, almost 20 of which have been either working in teams or guiding them and the organisations around them, as they aspire to greater agility. Antony is as much a practitioner as he is coach, consultant and trainer in topics from writing communicative, maintainable code to User Stories & BDD to effective team models, approaching change and Kent Beck's emerging 3X framework.