If you are building full stack applications then you are likely to need to guarantee some services are available 24/7. Robert Hardy will demonstrate how he uses Monit to keep a web server up (and restart it if it falls down).
We will also look at ways to manage your log files and generally how to keep track of resources on your machines.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Key Concepts in Statistical Inference (SkillsCast recorded in April 2018)
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Workshop on 14th - 18th March 2022)
- Bazel eXchange (Online Conference on 21st - 22nd June 2022)
- FullStack eXchange (in London on 1st - 30th September 2022)
- Vue.js and TypeScript: Working Together like Peanut Butter and Jelly (Online Meetup on 3rd February 2022)
- Deep Learning with F#: An Experience Report (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Keeping Your Services Up
Robert Hardy is a full stack quant, with over 12 years of experience in the front office teams of major financial institutions. He has built professional portfolio management systems entirely from open source components. He experienced an epiphany when he was introduced to TDD, pair programming and Agile methods. Robert talks and blogs on topics related to software and mathematics, and with his diploma in painting and ceramics in hand he claims to even have some level of expertise in the Fine Arts.