Are you interested in keeping up to date with all things Quants? Don't miss out on this month's meetup!
If you are building full stack applications then you are likely to need to guarantee some services are available 24/7. Robert Hardy will demonstrate how he uses Monit to keep a web server up (and restart it if it falls down).
We will also look at ways to manage your log files and generally how to keep track of resources on your machines.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Key Concepts in Statistical Inference (SkillsCast recorded in April 2018)
- Python for Programmers (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- IWDS 26: Evaluating and improving our Data Science models (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Knowledge Graph Applications in the Legal Profession & Fashion Industry (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Hiring a Personal Investigator for Your App (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Keeping Your Services Up
Robert Hardy is a full stack quant, with over 12 years of experience in the front office teams of major financial institutions. He has built professional portfolio management systems entirely from open source components. He experienced an epiphany when he was introduced to TDD, pair programming and Agile methods. Robert talks and blogs on topics related to software and mathematics, and with his diploma in painting and ceramics in hand he claims to even have some level of expertise in the Fine Arts.