Persistent storage often seems like a confusing plethora of options, from local volumes, NFS, distributed storage like Ceph, cloud storage such as AWS’s EBS and S3, to volume plugins with Docker and Kubernetes integration. This talk compares and contrasts the most popular solutions, and lays out the eight principles for cloud native storage.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Crossing the Chasm with Cloud Native (SkillsCast recorded in January 2019)
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 12th - 13th July 2021)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 19th - 20th August 2021)
- CloudNative eXchange Forum 2021 (Online Conference on 21st - 23rd June 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks Jun 2021 — Concordium Takeover (Online Meetup on 28th June 2021)
- Keynote: The Best of Everything in DDD (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Building a Runtime Reflection System for Rust (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Persistent Storage with Docker in Production - Which Solution and Why?
Cheryl J Hung is the CNCF Director of Ecosystem. She founded and runs the Cloud Native London meetup. Previous hats include product manager, devops manager, developer advocate and Google software engineer.