AWS Lambda has changed the way we deploy and run software, but this new serverless paradigm has created new challenges to old problems - how do you test a cloud-hosted function locally? How do you monitor them? What about logging and config management? And how do we start migrating from existing architectures?
In this talk Yan will discuss solutions to these challenges by drawing from real-world experience running a large serverless architecture in production and migrating from an existing monolithic architecture.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- You wouldn't build your own toaster, would you? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Azure DevOps (in Online on 15th July 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (in Online Event on 23rd July 2020)
- Software Modernisation: A Strategic Approach (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Serverless in Production, an Experience Report
Yan is an experienced engineer who has run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years. He has been an architect and principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. He has worked extensively with AWS Lambda in production, and has been helping various UK clients adopt AWS and serverless as an independent consultant.