Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Automated testing can be a pain - or a joy! In this talk, you will explore the multitude of technologies and techniques that F#, .NET and Mono developers can use to move the needle in the joyful direction. You will discover basic unit testing with NUnit. Following that, you will take it to the next level of test case generation using FSCheck.
Along the way, you will learn how best to run tests in Visual Studio (using NCrunch). You will explore Canopy, a glorious way to run automated Web UI tests.
Packed with visual examples and live coding - plus a little gentle trolling of industry experts - this talk will transform your attitude to automated testing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Why F# Changes Lives (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Test Driven Development (TDD) Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (in London on 18th - 19th July 2019)
- CloudNative London 2019 (in London on 25th - 27th September 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Russ Miles (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Awesome CI/CD Data Pipelines for Distributed Data-Sources (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
A Gazillion Ways to Test with F# - Audience Level: Beginner
Kit Eason is a highly experienced developer, working in industries from automotive engineering to energy trading. Kit is a Lynda.com/LinkedIn and PluralSight author. He's written software in F# for purposes as diverse as Pension Scheme Valuation, Movie VFX Costing, and Commodities Trading. An F# algorithm he dashed off for a conference demo became part of the UK national energy infrastructure. He talks about F# to whoever will listen.