Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
No! Fable is an open source compiler that brings all the power of F# to the JS world: the functional paradigm, static typing with type inference, pattern matching, type providers and more. Together with a comprehensive library to handle collections, text and observables among others.
Fable doesn't add any runtime overhead and generates clean JS code in conformance with new ES6 patterns, like modules or iterables, making it compatible with modern development tools, including Github Electron or React Native to let you develop not only web, but also cross platform desktop and mobile apps.
In its short life Fable already has several projects in production like the amazing thegamma.net, and is very close to 1.0 release. In this talk you will learn about the coolest and newest features of Fable and the vast number of possibilities it opens for F# developers.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Nagareyama: a new Fable, faster, more powerful and easier to use (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- F# eXchange 2023: In-Person (in London on 7th - 8th March 2023)
- F# eXchange 2023: Conference Livestream (Online Conference on 7th - 8th March 2023)
- Haskell: A Conversion Experience (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- Using F# to Structure an Island of Simplicity (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
A linguist by heart and a programmer by choice, Alfonso Garcia-Caro has brought his passion for natural languages to the computing world. He is the creator of Fable, a popular F# to JS compiler, and coauthor of the book "Mastering F#". He currently lives in Chiba, Japan, and works with a fantastic team at Coursebase creating a next-gen learning management system.