Are you just getting started with Flink? Join in with this tutorial to have a chance to get their hands on implementing basic Flink processing routines applied on streaming data!
This time, we will be giving attendees a chance to get their hands on implementing basic Flink processing routines applied on streaming data through a 2-hour long tutorial. It is the perfect opportunity, especially for new members to develop a basic understanding of Flink’s architecture and API (Scala), and apply that understanding for developing and running an example pipeline.
The tutorial will be split in two parts. Part one will introduce the basic Flink concepts and general streaming concepts employed in the Flink architecture. Part two will be more focused on the Scala API as attendees will be guided through an interactive tutorial, occasionally being asked to fill in small snippets of code in order to complete a working Flink implementation, covering concepts like windowing; process and event time etc.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Software Architecture for Developers Workshop with Robert Smallshire (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- London Java Community June (in London on 25th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)