Follow along as Scott Wlaschin ridiculously over-engineers a simple game to demonstrate how functional programming can be used to create a real-world "enterprise-ready" application.
In this Meetup you will explore the topics of encoding business rules into types, data hiding with parametric polymorphism, using functions for capability-based security, exposing a REST API with HATEOAS, the functional approach to logging, actors, scalability and more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding Parser Combinators: A Deep Dive - Audience Level: Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- London Calling (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- How developers are the new security rockstars
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Enterprise Tic-Tac-Toe -- A functional approach with Scott Wlaschin
Scott has over 20 years experience in software development, design and architecture, covering all aspects of business software.