Follow along as Scott Wlaschin ridiculously over-engineers a simple game to demonstrate how functional programming can be used to create a real-world "enterprise-ready" application.
In this Meetup you will explore the topics of encoding business rules into types, data hiding with parametric polymorphism, using functions for capability-based security, exposing a REST API with HATEOAS, the functional approach to logging, actors, scalability and more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding Parser Combinators: A Deep Dive - Audience Level: Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 8th - 11th March 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Technologies for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Enterprise Tic-Tac-Toe -- A functional approach with Scott Wlaschin
Scott has over 20 years experience in software development, design and architecture, covering all aspects of business software.