Follow along as Scott Wlaschin ridiculously over-engineers a simple game to demonstrate how functional programming can be used to create a real-world "enterprise-ready" application.
In this Meetup you will explore the topics of encoding business rules into types, data hiding with parametric polymorphism, using functions for capability-based security, exposing a REST API with HATEOAS, the functional approach to logging, actors, scalability and more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek & Phil Trelford (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Understanding Parser Combinators: A Deep Dive - Audience Level: Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Observability for Microservices: practical advice (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Enterprise Tic-Tac-Toe -- A functional approach with Scott Wlaschin
Scott has over 20 years experience in software development, design and architecture, covering all aspects of business software.