Ever used Dapps before? Makoto Inoue will sharing the user experience of people using Dapps for the first time!
In his talk, Makoto will share his findings of writing user-friendly Dapps, things you have to consider when deploying to production (aka mainnet) and the gaps in the Ethereum ecosystem that makes hard for Dapps to go to the masses. The talk contains some (not a lot) code walkthrough as well.
Even though the idea and concept of Smart contracts is very powerful and getting popular, Most Dapp (Decentralised application built on blockchain)s are either still at PoC(Proof of Concept mostly in private network) stage or limited to virtual applications, such as games, gambling, and prediction markets where you don't see people who you interact with. BlockParty is a meetup management Dapp (with a twist) built on Ethereum Blockchain platform, and have used to manage real world events.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- ENS is Everywhere (SkillsCast recorded in August 2018)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 30th November - 4th December 2020)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 7th - 8th December 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Implementing Microservices: Nobody Told Me About That (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Dapps for the masses with Makoto Inoue
A developer at ENS (http://ens.domains) currently working DNS integration into ENS. The founder of BlockParty (http://noblockno.party). The organiser of London Ethereum Codeup (http://meetup.com/london-ethereum-codeup), a monthly study group to learn Ethereum coding over beer.