Come along and join Gary Nuttall to find out more about how commercial insurance works, how blockchain fits, and some of the unexpected findings the work revealed!
The history of the London Insurance Market can be traced back to a London coffee shop in the 1680's. Fundamentally the business model has remained unchanged for over 300 years. In 2016 a series of Proof of Concepts and reports were commissioned to explore the viability of adopting blockchain.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Software Architecture for Developers Workshop with Robert Smallshire (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Applying Chaos Engineering to build Resilient Serverless Applications (in London on 9th July 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Can Blockchain bring a 17th Century Industry into the 21st Century?
Gary is a self-confessed Fintech enthusiast who runs the London-based Meetup Mashup Group, is a mentor on the Startupbootcamp Insurance programme and is Managing Director of Distlytics Ltd, a boutique blockchain consultancy working with the London Insurance Market.