Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Stream processing is now driving the design of big data systems. Streaming architectures must be highly reliable and scalable as never before, more like microservice architectures.
During this talk, you will discover the new requirements that streaming imposes on systems and how they are met by combinations of popular tools like Kafka, Spark, Flink, and Akka. Dean will argue that streaming and microservice architectures are actually converging.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Data (SkillsCast recorded in October 2016)
- Leonardo De Marchi's Deep Learning Fundamentals (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- Countdown to Big Data LDN (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Security in the Age of Big Data (Data Anonymisation & Encryption) (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Automating Elaborate-Transform-Load for Busy Data Scientists (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- How real-time data processing is used for application in customer experience? (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
Keynote: Stream All the Things!
Dean Wampler, Ph.D., is the Architect for Big Data Products and Services in the Office of the CTO at Lightbend, where he focuses on the evolving “Fast Data” ecosystem for streaming applications based on the SMACK stack, Spark, Mesos, Akka (and the rest of the Lightbend Reactive Platform), Cassandra, Kafka, and other tools.