Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In the TDD cycle, refactoring is the art of restructuring the code to make it simpler, without changing its behavior at runtime. A key part of refactoring is to recognize and extract duplications.
Refactoring is very useful at the code level, and it is even more powerful when applied during business analysis or functional architecture. Cyrille will show you how the practice of refactoring directly "at the business domain level" can simplify the problem, and therefore the resulting implementation code, by orders of magnitude. This means much less code to write, to test and to maintain, and much fewer defects as a result.
Join Cyrille as he shares 5 patterns on how to refactor at the business-domain level, such as "Make It Systematic" and "Degenerate Case." He will also explore some limits and the required mindset.
This approach of refactoring has been used on several real-world projects and is derived in particular from DDD and Specification by Example.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain Modelling For Digital Transformations (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 10th - 14th May 2021)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 13th - 14th May 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th September 2021)
- Practical Tips and Tricks for CI/CD Success (Online Meetup on 13th May 2021)
- Real-world API Modularization with DDD and Hypermedia (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Good Fences Make Good Neighbours (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)