This session was not filmed.
This session will be a hands-on lab about F# as an efficient functional programming language combined with the Actor Model to develop highly concurrent applications. You will learn to build and deploy distributed systems and actor clustering by combining the power of Akka.Net, the flexibility of F# Remoting, and the simplicity of Docker containers. The combination of these technologies enhances the effects of F# “code-quotation”, which allows the deployment of arbitrary Actors into remote Actor-Systems. You will learn how to implement Actor Clustering leveraging Docker containers for easy deployment. Get ready to get your hands dirty using F# to write Event-Driven, Scalable, Resilient & Responsive Systems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th December 2019)
- Go Channels in .NET – concurrency made easy (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Introduction to Docker Fundamentals (in London on 26th - 27th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- Keynote by Brian Ketelsen on Going Multicloud with Serverless (in London on 17th October 2019)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Concurrency in Crystal (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Advanced Techniques for Building Container Images (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Workshop: Actor Clustering with Docker Containers and Akka.Net in F# - Audience Level: Mixed
Riccardo is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) who is active in the .Net, functional programming, and F# communities.He is passionate about integrating advanced technology tools to increase internal efficiency, enhance work productivity, and reduce operating costs.