Have you ever wondered how Sky manages images across its apps? Come and join Michael to find out at this months droidcon Bytes!
In this talk Michael will give you an overview of some of the techniques Sky use across their apps to efficiently load and display large numbers of images to the user. In addition he will go through how they've leveraged the power of some popular open-source libraries to handle advanced image manipulation techniques
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Bringing Back Dial-up: The Internet Over SMS (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Advanced Image Handling Techniques with Michael Tweed!
Michael has been working as an Android Developer at Sky since 2012. Over the past five years he has worked on a number of Sky's flagship products, mainly focused around video streaming, and currently helps lead their internal Android Community