Jan will talk about building, maintaining and evolving production microservice systems over a many years. He will show architectural and implementation choices to implement distributed systems in vehicle IoT, reliable medical messaging, biometric security, and video streaming.
Jan will highlight the need for asynchronous I/O and messaging, while managing the complexity of implementation, debugging and monitoring, distributed state and the implication of maintaining distributed state particularly when it comes to consistency, all the way to documentable and expressive protocols and APIs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Distributed deep learning (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Haskell Fundamentals (2-Day Course) with Alejandro Serrano (Online Course on 8th - 9th March 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Technologies for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Production Reactive Systems in Scala with Jan Machacek!
Jan Machacek is a passionate technologist with hands-on experience of the practical aspects of software delivery (architecture, quality, CI, CD), the project management approaches (applying the principles of agile project management), and mentoring and motivating engineering & business teams.