Come and join Jan where you will cover everything from good Scala code, through best practices in use of Akka (Persistence, Cluster, HTTP, Streaming)!
Jan will talk about building, maintaining and evolving production microservice systems over a many years. He will show architectural and implementation choices to implement distributed systems in vehicle IoT, reliable medical messaging, biometric security, and video streaming.
Jan will highlight the need for asynchronous I/O and messaging, while managing the complexity of implementation, debugging and monitoring, distributed state and the implication of maintaining distributed state particularly when it comes to consistency, all the way to documentable and expressive protocols and APIs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Distributed deep learning (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- LJC Lunchtime Lightning Talks (Online Meetup on 7th August 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- First look at Jetpack Compose (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Effective Reactive Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Production Reactive Systems in Scala with Jan Machacek!
Jan Machacek is a passionate technologist with hands-on experience of the practical aspects of software delivery (architecture, quality, CI, CD), the project management approaches (applying the principles of agile project management), and mentoring and motivating engineering & business teams.