Come and join Jan where you will cover everything from good Scala code, through best practices in use of Akka (Persistence, Cluster, HTTP, Streaming)!
Jan will talk about building, maintaining and evolving production microservice systems over a many years. He will show architectural and implementation choices to implement distributed systems in vehicle IoT, reliable medical messaging, biometric security, and video streaming.
Jan will highlight the need for asynchronous I/O and messaging, while managing the complexity of implementation, debugging and monitoring, distributed state and the implication of maintaining distributed state particularly when it comes to consistency, all the way to documentable and expressive protocols and APIs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Distributed deep learning (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Course on 1st - 5th February 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 15th - 17th February 2021)
- Smash you some Haskell on a Minikube (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non-DDD People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Production Reactive Systems in Scala with Jan Machacek!
Jan Machacek is a passionate technologist with hands-on experience of the practical aspects of software delivery (architecture, quality, CI, CD), the project management approaches (applying the principles of agile project management), and mentoring and motivating engineering & business teams.