Jan will talk about building, maintaining and evolving production microservice systems over a many years. He will show architectural and implementation choices to implement distributed systems in vehicle IoT, reliable medical messaging, biometric security, and video streaming.
Jan will highlight the need for asynchronous I/O and messaging, while managing the complexity of implementation, debugging and monitoring, distributed state and the implication of maintaining distributed state particularly when it comes to consistency, all the way to documentable and expressive protocols and APIs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Distributed deep learning (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 7th December 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021: Pro Track (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices – Evolution, Not Revolution (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Architectural Patterns for Rapid, Reliable, Frequent and Sustainable Development (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Production Reactive Systems in Scala with Jan Machacek!
Jan Machacek is a passionate technologist with hands-on experience of the practical aspects of software delivery (architecture, quality, CI, CD), the project management approaches (applying the principles of agile project management), and mentoring and motivating engineering & business teams.