In this talk, I’m going to share many of the things I’ve learned about how data is taken from our systems en mass due to coding flaws, complacency and oftentimes, outright stupidity. It focuses on many of the lessons I’ve learned whilst running the data breach notification service “Have I been pwned”, including the ways I’ve used Azure to manage billions of breached records on a coffee budget.
This is a fun night out designed to be both light-hearted and insightful.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Rise of the Breaches (SkillsCast recorded in December 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 7th - 10th December 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- How to Read Complex Code (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Clouds, Codes and Cybers with Troy Hunt
Troy is a Microsoft Regional Director and MVP, Pluralsight author and world-renowned internet security specialist. He spends his time teaching developers how to break into their own systems before helping to piece them back together to be secure against today’s online threats. He’s also the creator of “Have I been pwned?”, the free online service for breach monitoring and notifications. Troy regularly blogs at troyhunt.com from his home in Australia.