Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Join Samantha for a lightning talk exploring the joy and pain of working on an exploratory learning anaytics project in HE. Joy of having lots of data to play with and access to some cool toys e.g. HPC, and the pain of data cleansing, ethics and IG compliance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Informing the Caterpillar While Being Mindful of the Crocodile (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Leonardo De Marchi's Deep Learning Fundamentals (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- PowerBI The Must-Know Speed Up Tricks (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Countdown to Big Data LDN (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Automating Elaborate-Transform-Load for Busy Data Scientists (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Apache Druid: the fast, real-time, open-source analytics data store (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Ethical conumdrums of an educational data scientist - Beginners
Samantha is an experienced educator, technologist and creator. She has held roles in IT education both as a secondary school educator and professional IT trainer, and was a Senior Information Security Officer (Awareness). She is well qualified with a PGDip in ICT in Education and MSc in Intelligent Systems, plus is an Associate of ISC^2 (CISSP). She is currently working on an Exploratory Learning Analytics project for University College London.