Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Lindsey and Phil will share with you how the Guardian has used a range of technologies including Apache Spark and PrestoDB on AWS to support simple ingestion and fast querying of a wide range of datasets. Learn why it’s important to decouple storage from compute and raw data sources from optimised query formats and why there’s still no single perfect solution.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Introduction to Kafka Streaming (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 8th - 12th March 2021)
- Certified LeSS Basics with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 8th - 9th April 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (Online Meetup on 11th March 2021)
- Why Less? (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- Agile During the Time of Jesus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
The Agile Data Warehouse - Beginners
Phil is a Senior Developer Manager at the Guardian.
Lindsey is a Data Engineer working at Deliveroo and is passionate about developing processes and systems to drive data-driven decisions across an organisation.
She previously worked on the data technology team at the Guardian.