Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Lindsey and Phil will share with you how the Guardian has used a range of technologies including Apache Spark and PrestoDB on AWS to support simple ingestion and fast querying of a wide range of datasets. Learn why it’s important to decouple storage from compute and raw data sources from optimised query formats and why there’s still no single perfect solution.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Introduction to Kafka Streaming (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 4th - 5th November 2021)
- Data-Driven Improvement of Software Quality with Markus Harrer (Online Course on 15th - 16th November 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Gojko Adzic: Facilitating Impact Mapping - September Meetup part 2 (Online Meetup on 29th September 2021)
- Remote LeSS Sprints with Review Bazaar (Online Meetup on 5th October 2021)
- Keynote: Agility at Scale - a meeting of mindsets (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Words Matter. Build Team Relationships and Push Through Conflicts by Practicing Nonviolent Communication (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
The Agile Data Warehouse - Beginners
Phil is a Senior Developer Manager at the Guardian.
Lindsey is a Data Engineer working at Deliveroo and is passionate about developing processes and systems to drive data-driven decisions across an organisation.
She previously worked on the data technology team at the Guardian.