Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Lindsey and Phil will share with you how the Guardian has used a range of technologies including Apache Spark and PrestoDB on AWS to support simple ingestion and fast querying of a wide range of datasets. Learn why it’s important to decouple storage from compute and raw data sources from optimised query formats and why there’s still no single perfect solution.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Introduction to Kafka Streaming (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 18th August 2021)
- Large-Scale Scrum In-Person Courses Bundle with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 20th August 2021)
- The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month — Leadership and Strategy Week (Online Conference on 6th - 8th July 2021)
- The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month (Online Conference on 6th - 29th July 2021)
- Tooling Up! - Contract testing with Pact (Online Meetup on 7th July 2021)
- Product Elevation July (Online Meetup on 27th July 2021)
- Test Lead in an Agile Transformation (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Keynote: The Best of Everything in DDD (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
The Agile Data Warehouse - Beginners
Phil is a Senior Developer Manager at the Guardian.
Lindsey is a Data Engineer working at Deliveroo and is passionate about developing processes and systems to drive data-driven decisions across an organisation.
She previously worked on the data technology team at the Guardian.