Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Lindsey and Phil will share with you how the Guardian has used a range of technologies including Apache Spark and PrestoDB on AWS to support simple ingestion and fast querying of a wide range of datasets. Learn why it’s important to decouple storage from compute and raw data sources from optimised query formats and why there’s still no single perfect solution.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Introduction to Kafka Streaming (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Facilitator with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 13th - 16th June 2022)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 11th - 13th July 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: In-Person (in Perth on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- The Role of the LeSS Practitioner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2022)
- Panel: What to Expect When you Might (or not) be Expecting (SkillsCast recorded in March 2022)
The Agile Data Warehouse - Beginners
Phil is a Senior Developer Manager at the Guardian.
Lindsey is a Data Engineer working at Deliveroo and is passionate about developing processes and systems to drive data-driven decisions across an organisation.
She previously worked on the data technology team at the Guardian.