A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
We will build a small app in Elm and see how all the good bits come together:
- the light-touch typing system,
- the compilation step,
- HTML built into the language (no need for templates).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Key Concepts in Statistical Inference (SkillsCast recorded in April 2018)
- The Secrets of the GHC Garbage Collector (in Online Event on 11th June 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (in Online Event on 25th June 2020)
- Fast Code: Save Money By Overcoming Bottlenecks (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Lightning Talk: Making and Testing Code Generators in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Front-ending with Elm
Robert Hardy is a full stack quant, with over 12 years of experience in the front office teams of major financial institutions. He has built professional portfolio management systems entirely from open source components. He experienced an epiphany when he was introduced to TDD, pair programming and Agile methods. Robert talks and blogs on topics related to software and mathematics, and with his diploma in painting and ceramics in hand he claims to even have some level of expertise in the Fine Arts.