This session was not filmed.
We will build a small app in Elm and see how all the good bits come together:
- the light-touch typing system,
- the compilation step,
- HTML built into the language (no need for templates).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Key Concepts in Statistical Inference (SkillsCast recorded in April 2018)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Clojure eXchange 2019 (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Lightning Talk: Making and Testing Code Generators in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- GHC Runtime Linker by Example (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Front-ending with Elm
Robert Hardy is a full stack quant, with over 12 years of experience in the front office teams of major financial institutions. He has built professional portfolio management systems entirely from open source components. He experienced an epiphany when he was introduced to TDD, pair programming and Agile methods. Robert talks and blogs on topics related to software and mathematics, and with his diploma in painting and ceramics in hand he claims to even have some level of expertise in the Fine Arts.